I'm a chartered accountant with ten years of finance experience, including work as an auditor and as a finance manager. I have qualifications in Law (LLB); Management (MPhil); and Public Management (PGDip).
I have professional and academic experience of subjects including:
- Finance, including audit, financial management, charity fund accounting and finance system implementation
- Business and management
- Strategy and governance
- International development and charities
- Public policy and management
- Value for money
- Payment by results
- Project, programme and policy evaluation
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Legal philosophy, theory and history
- Feminist and queer theory
I am also happy to work with non-fiction for a general audience, including: popular history; social history; government and politics; sociology; social sciences; myths and legends; biography and autobiography; and self-help.
I offer proofreading and copyediting of fiction and am especially keen to work with independent authors of:
- Speculative fiction (including fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, anything with dragons, and all other things weird and wonderful)
- YA fiction
- Fiction that draws on fairytales and mythology
- LGBTQ romance
I am happy to offer a free sample edit so that you can see if I would be a good fit for your work.